In memory of Brother Steve Curington, I want to post “The 10 Principles of Prosperity” Whether you are being strangled by addiction, or suffering from an “I don’t care attitude”, this will help offer some clarity in world of confusion.
Understanding the 10 principles of prosperity and applying them to your life are the first steps in your recovery from addiction.
1. If God’s against it, so am I.
• Galatians 5:19-24
2. Every sin has its origin in your heart.
• Jeremiah 17:9; Proverbs 4:23; Romans 13:14
3. It is easier to keep the heart clean than it is to clean it after it has been defiled.
• Proverbs 22:3; Proverbs 6:27-28
4. You cannot fight a fleshly appetite by indulging in it.
• Ecclesiastes 5:10; James 1:14-15
5. Small compromises lead to great disasters.
• Luke 16:10; Matthew 6:24; Romans 6:16
6. Those who do not love the Lord will not help us serve the Lord.
• John 5:18-20; Proverbs 25:15-16
7. Our sinful habits do hurt those who follow us.
• Romans 14:7; 1 Corinthians 10:23, 24
8. It is not possible to fight a fleshly temptation with fleshly weapons.
• II Corinthians 10:3-5; I John 4:4
9. We lose our freedom to choose when we give in to temptation. The consequences of our choices are inevitable, incalculable, and up to God.
• Proverbs 5:22; Proverbs 20:17; Proverbs 9:17-18
10. God balances guilt with blame. Accept the blame for your actions, and God will remove the guilt.
• John 1:9